Surgical ServicesParkwynd Private Hospital offers many surgical options for patients across a range of specialty areas.
Parkwynd has three operating theatres which are fully equipped with up to date technology to assist our Surgeons and staff to provide the best care possible to our patients.
Our Day Surgery Unit contributes to the provision of expert care to patients who are undergoing a wide variety of minor surgical procedures or diagnostic tests. The unit is specifically for patients who do not require an extended stay in hospital, usually enabling them to return home shortly after their procedure.
More complex surgical procedures may require an overnight stay at the hospital.
Your Surgeon will discuss with you at your consultation if you will have your procedure in our dedicated Day Surgery Unit or if you are required to stay overnight in the hospital.
General Surgery is a surgical specialty providing expertise in a variety of areas. Parkwynd has a team of some of the most skilled and well-regarded General Surgeons in Adelaide who care for both adults and children requiring surgical interventions.
These surgeries include but are not limited to the following procedures:
- Appendectomy (surgical removal of the appendix)
- Axillary Clearance
- Cholecystectomy (surgical removal of the gall bladder)
- Laparoscopic or open Hernia repair (inguinal / umbilical)
- Orchidopexy (an operation to lower the testicles into the scrotum)
- Hydrocoele repair (a fluid filled sac surrounding a testicle causing swelling)
- Wedge Resection (ingrown toe nail)
Utilising the latest technologies and methods, Parkwynd Private Hospital offers a range of services for the diagnosis and management of diseases of the eye.
Our visiting Ophthalmologists have a wealth of experience in the diagnosis and treatment of eye conditions and are able to provide treatment to both adults and children. These surgeries include but are not limited to the following procedures:
- Cyst Excision and Curettage
- Squint Repairs
- Eyelid Lift
- Syringe and Probe
- Lacrimal Surgery
At Parkwynd Private Hospital we provide exceptional orthopaedic care in the treatment of joint replacements, arthroscopic surgeries, foot disorders, dislocations, fractures and more. Our dedicated nursing staff are committed to the provision of the highest quality healthcare and best possible outcomes for every patient.
Our orthopaedic services are complimented by dedicated visiting Physiotherapists.
Parkwynd’s visiting Surgeons provide treatment to both adults and children. These surgeries include but are not limited to the following procedures:
- Joint replacement surgery (hip / knee/ shoulder)
- Upper limb surgeries (shoulder / elbow / wrist / hand)
- Lower limb procedures (foot / ankle / knee)
- Sporting Injuries (fractures / dislocations)
- Reconstructive surgery (ligament injuries)
Hip and Knee Replacement Education
Parkwynd’s dedicated Discharge Coordinator contacts patients prior to their scheduled hip or knee replacement surgery. Education is provided to patients regarding what to expect when you are having joint replacement surgery at Parkwynd Private Hospital.
Information provided includes:
- Pre and post-operative care
- Pain management
- Physiotherapy – exercises and mobility
- Expected duration of hospital admission
- Discharge planning and preparation for going home
- Options for hiring equipment for home if required
Parkwynd’s visiting Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons specialise in the treatment of a broad range of disorders affecting the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of the oral (mouth) and maxillofacial (jaws and face) region.
Parkwynd Private Hospital has a number of Surgeons who provide Oral and Maxillofacial surgeries to both adults and children.
These procedures include but are not limited to the following treatments:
- Orthodontic extractions and tooth uncovering
- Difficult or complex dental extractions
- Wisdom teeth extractions
- Dental implant surgery
- Oral soft tissue conditions
- Temporal Mandibular Joint Arthrocentesis surgery
- Bone Grafting (to provide better structure for the placement of implants / dentures)
- Correction of fractures including (jaw / cheek bone / eye socket)
Otorhinolaryngology or ENT, as it is commonly known, deals with conditions of the ear, nose, and throat and related structures of the head and neck. Parkwynd Private Hospital is able to help people with a range of ear, nose and throat problems.
Parkwynd’s visiting ENT Surgeons specialise in a range of surgical interventions to alleviate symptoms including blocked airways, tonsillitis, earaches and head and neck conditions to both adults and children.
Surgeries performed at Parkwynd Private Hospital include, but are not limited to the following procedures:
- Laryngoscopy (examination of the throat, voice box, and vocal cords)
- Bone anchored hearing aids
- Aesthetic Rhinoplasty (nose reshaping)
- Ventilating Tube surgery (assists in the prevention of ear infections)
- Specialised Adult Endoscopic Sinus surgery
- Complex Reconstructive Rhinoplasty surgery
- Removal of Adenoids
- Septoplasty (straightens a deviated septum)
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (assists in alleviating obstructive sleep apnoea)
Parkwynd Private Hospital is pleased to work with a number of highly respected Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons able to perform a variety of procedures including but not limited to:
- Mastopexy surgery (breast lift)
- Breast Implants and Reduction surgery
- Breast Reconstruction
- Brachioplasty (upper arm surgery)
- Liposuction surgery
- Abdominoplasty surgery (tummy tuck)
- Blepharoplasty surgery (eyelid lift)
- Tendon sheath exploration
- Male breast surgery
- Hand and Wrist surgery